Subject: Re: [Leica] Yellow Cast on Flash "shots"
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:22:43 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 05:22 PM 1/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >informed, explained it was from the tinge of the incandescent lights
> >over the subject, and the flash is almost acting as fill in.  If this
> >is correct, absent moving the subject- when this is not possible- can
> >I correct the "problem" in any way?  Use of  filter?  Obviously, can't
> >change film in mid roll.  Perhaps I just have to accept this somewhat
> >bothersome cast.
>
> Yes you can correct it. Get the appropriate filter for the lens that
> corrects incandescent light. (It's blue).

Why not just use tungsten film (the kodak T64 pushes 2 1/2 stops is
better than T320) and use the daylight to 3200 Lee or Rosco filter over
the flash.  Works a dream.  Though I often find that the SB-24 and other
small strobe are so cold that even a bit more warming helps.

donal

- --
Donal Philby
San Diego