Subject: Re: [Leica] Hoods???? Who makes square ones???
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:40:31 -0800

Duane,

Did I mention knowing someone who used to work for your operation doing
what you do?

Paul (last name I don't remember) and wife Claudia work for the Orange
County Register and started the wildly successful PhotoNight, an
informal gathering of photojournalists.  They had just traveled to
Ecuador and Chile (Claudia's origin).  While in Quito they had staged a
Photonight and Paul said he had gone to your offices to get some gear.

Small world.

My friend has returned from Peru.  Successful trip.  Got all the color
done there and was okay, he said, and he is a technical fanatic.  Was an
emotional homecoming after 20+ years.  He got to get together with high
school friends.  Said the best part was being able to use venacular
Spanish and have people understand what he was saying.

He took transformers to use with his white lightning strobes and mostly
they worked okay.  but got testy as voltage dropped.

Thanks for your help.  He says thanks, too.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego