Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak E200
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:25:21 -0500

Marc James Small wrote:

> Jim and Ted, I believe, have posted their comments on this emulsion, and
> mayhaps Donal and Harrison as well.
>
> I was gifted a roll last week.  Wow!  I shot mainly telephoto stuff through
> my Questar (yes, yes, this is a Leica list:  I used an M6 and Viso, of
> course!).  Got the slides back today.  Tight grain, great colour, good
> saturation, twice the speed of E100.
>
> This one may be a keeper, though my village store will not stock it unless
> the 'professionals' want it.  I keep TELLING them I'm a professional, and
> they smile and say, 'professional what, you lawyer!', so it may be a while ...
>
> And they won't stock my books, either, but I do get all their real-estate
> closings.  Truly, a prophet without honour in my own land, am I!

Pretty amazing stuff that film. I tried to order some from my usual film
supplier in NYC and they hadn't received it yet. I shot some sample film
that Kodak had sent me. Pretty amazing stuff. Looking forward to pushing
it. I'm just so set in my ways about using E100S and E100SW because it
goes so well with Polaroid tests. But this stuff looks great for 35mm
jobs.

As for your local photo store... just foreclose on them.

Carl S.