Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica TO-R scope adapter
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 23:02:49 -0500

At 10:56 AM 1/20/98 GMT+0100, Christopher Held wrote:
>I am a biologist and dedicated
>birdwatcher and have been carrying a fieldscope along with long teles
>for a long time. I came across the adapter mentioned in the subject
>line which converts a telephoto lens into a spotting scope, basically.
>There are some third party products, but they are of unacceptably bad
>quality.
>
>I am aware of the fact that there will be a trade-off of some kind
>(smaller field of vision, I would presume), but does anybody have
>first hand experience he/she would be willing to communicate? I would
>appreciate any input.

Can you be specific in your queries?  I have one of these (as well as a
couple of the earlier OSBLO's) and use it with some regularity.  The field
is narrow, the optical quality is what is to be expected from Leica.  What
more do you wish to know?

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!