Subject: Re: [Leica] speed of leica lenses & shutter speed
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:21:47 -0600

At 04:48 PM 1/22/98 -0800, you wrote:

>The R8 does have that nice mirror lock-up feature though, but I have never
>tried
>it handheld yet......does anyone use it that way?

Francesco,

Yes, I use it that way some. Mostly with my 19mm lens. And I'm not
surprised that the shutter speed you need for sharp pictures his where you
say. Subject movement and camera movement make it hard to hand hold such a
combination. I'd rather have an R8 and the 80mm 1.4 than a lighter body.
The weight helps steady. But tripod mounting makes a big difference in this
range. I think the R8 has the best mirror up setup I've used.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There's no such thing as nonexistence.