Subject: Re: [Leica] Rapidwinder Report
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:42:58 -0500

>Learn to use the right eye. With the viewfinder
>eyepiece all the way on the left, the cameras were clearly designed for the
>right eye.)

That's pretty much like telling somebody who's left-handed to learn to
write with their other hand...in other words, not much of an option.  My
left eye dominance, in my personal experience, seems as ingrained as my
right-handedness.

Although I'm sure it would be more comfortable to use an M camera with my
right eye, I have unconsciously worked around the winder clearance
problem by turning my head slightly to the right and looking a bit to the
left into the viewfinder, rather than looking straight ahead.  I find
that this allows me to advance the film without moving the camera down by
keeping the right side of the camera farther away from my face.  The M-6
design actually seems to aid this maneuver by having the viewfinder
window at the left edge of the body.