Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 24mm Lenses
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 14:58:25 -0600

I have an SL and SL-2, not a Minolta derivative.  I simply chose to buy a 28
designed by Leitz instead of the 24 designed by Minolta..  This was in 1977
when Leica was in trouble and was rebadging Minolta gear to survive.

I was switching SLR systems from Nikon F's to Leicaflexes in order to obtain
lenses that were as good as my Leica M lenses and had a similar color
rendition on Kodachrome.   I didn't want to take a chance on a Minolta
design just days before leaving on a 6 week tour of Europe.

Bud Cook