Subject: [Leica] Digitized images?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:20:53 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>

>Since I scan all my photos these days, darkrooms have become a moot point
>for me, but I do remember with great fondness the process of printing black
>and white. There's nothing like it to really see what Leica glass can do.

Eric, do you print out any of your scanned works, and if so, what process
have you found most to your liking? It's been some time since I've seen
their price lists, but I don't recall the likes of EverColor taking scanned
works from outside sources.

Some time ago, I believe I heard of $6K desktop drum scanners, good for 4x5
and smaller. I had hoped these would appear on the secondhand market at
greatly reduced prices, but so far, this doesn't seem to have happened.