Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 280 = 300?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 00:32:26 -0600

At 11:59 PM 1/25/98 +0000, you wrote:

>The Leica R4 test I found outlines the common parts of the R4 and the
Minolta
>XD11 as well. Minolta supplied the castings with the Copal made shutter
and most
>electronics complete. Apparantly Leica made the front mount casting and
the body

The article is wrong on some points. Any cursory examination of the
function of the R4's electronics would prove that. The XD-11 did not have
selective metering. Not only that, but one reason the R4mot was so
unreliable was the company that manufactured the electronics, in England,
knew the ICs were defective and sold them to Leica anyway.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Today's subliminal thought is...