Subject: [Leica] M6 Viewfinder Frames
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 23:40:14 -0600

I've used M2's/M3's since the Sixties.  I cannot understand why the more
recent M cameras lack corners on the outer viewfinder frames.  I find it
very difficult to quickly compose a subject with the M6 finder.  Since I
shoot almost nothing but color reversal film for projection, I have to
*crop* when I take the shot.  It takes far too long to visualize what part
of the subject is going to fall within the corners of the shot.
Could someone explain what advantage (if any) the cornerless frames provide?
TIA,
Bud Cook