Subject: Re: [Leica] Quality
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 00:17:53 -0500

SNIP --

ted grant wrote:

> It just isn't the German "cup of tea" so's to speak! I fully beleive >your case of two flawed lenses back to back was a "one in a million" >that occur in sending equipment to the same purchaser. Considering the >number of Leica owners in the world, the odds must be astronomical.

SNIP --

Pete:

Both the dealer and Leica stood behind the lens, and did what was
expected.  Your lens was replaced.  It is unfortunate that the lens
coating was twice not to your expectations; but now to look for a USA
"dumping" conspiracy is not warranted.  It is time to use your new lens
and to recount to LUG on the images you and it captured, and not to
continue to dwell on disheartening past moments.  Good shooting.

Bill Caldwell