Subject: Re: [Leica] Defective Lens
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:53:12 -0500

Jeremy,
Interesting. G. B. Shaw once said something about Americans, and the British
being peoples separated by a common language! I know that 'flogging' is a
colloquialism for selling; here we say 'beating a dead horse', implying that
the poor beast died in harness. Thus, beating the dead horse gets you
nowhere. Very similar sayings, two entirely different meanings!
I always think of Shaw when I put my camera in the boot of my motorcar, or
step into a lift!
Well, must go; teatime, you know!
Dan'l

dwpost@msn.com