Subject: [Leica] Resolution Targets
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:10:40 -0800

Hi All,
Sorry for the cross-post, but I think both lists will benefit...

I wonder if one of you lens testing experts can help.  I've got a pair of
72x resolution targets made by Perfection Photographic Products, one black
on white, the other white on black.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has a
table or some formula that I can use to to calculate how far away from these
targets to shoot with different focal length lenses on 35mm cameras.

There have been numerous postings discussing the relative resolution ability
of Contax G (Zeiss T*) lenses vs Leica.  I have both systems now and am
interested in doing a simple comparison test as a matter of curiosity.

Lenses to be compared:
*	Leica Summilux M 1:1.4/35 vs Zeiss Planar 1:2/35
*	Leica Elmarit M 1:2.8/21 vs Zeiss Biogon 1:2.8/21
*	Leica Summicron M 1:2/90 vs Zeiss Sonnar 1:2.8/90

Thanks in advance for any help.