Subject: Re: [Leica] 10 reasons why I need an M6
From: Jim Hurtubise <jim@inap.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 15:20:33 +0100

> Rick Floyd wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I'm ready to FINALLY get an M6.  While discussing this with my
> > wonderful and generally understanding wife, she said "why do you
> need an
> > M6?"   Her best question was "what will it do for me (her)?"
> >
> > I guess other than a whole bunch of intangible reasons combined with
> > small amount of lust, I didn't have a _good_ answer.  So my question
> > the LUG is why do we need a camera like an M6?
> >
> > Rick

I would like to relate a recent experience of mine that illustrates why
I got an M6. I was
recently on a photo outing in Toronto with my father. He had his new
Nikon F5 with a 24-120 zoom,
(this lens has a piece of glass that looks like the end of a barrel of a
bazooka), I had my M6 and Konica Hexar
(beautiful camera, much like a M6 buts thats a different topic). We were
driving through the city looking for pionts of interest. While stopped
at a red light I noticed some children playing in an alley. Having my
camera already set to the proper exposure and set for hyperfocal
distance I just reached across the passenger side and snapped a picture.
My Dad, seeing the same picture raised his bazooka, er I mean F5, and
aimed it at the children. Well one of the girls saw the camera, screamed
noooo and
ran away. Hopefully  this was a lesson learned, bigger is not always
better.

Jim Hurtubise