Subject: Re: [Leica] At last, I've been given an Oscar!
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:20:28 -0800

Nick wrote:

<snip>A good friend of mine very generously and unexpectedly gave me a
Leica related item today...It's a medal, encased in plastic, with a
likeness of Oscar Barnack inscribed "Erfinder der Leica"(inventor of the
Leica) "1879 1936". On the back is a likeness of an R4 MOT ELECTRONIC.
<snip>

I have one of those metals too.  Would you like to buy mine and then you'll
have two of them?  <bg>

Perhaps they are an early Leica certificate that you can trade in for a new
M6HM in 1998.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA