Subject: [Leica] Re: New M Tri lens - "Retrogressive?"
From: Bert Keuken <b.k@wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:04:14 +0100

At 18:54 9-2-98 -0800, you wrote:

><<  Agree with the previous suggestion about a great
> Leica outfit being this Tri lens and the Noctilux.  This lens will
> probably keep the "standard" body in vogue indefinitely.  Interesting
> marketing by Leica.
>  Elliot >>
> I disagree Elliot - It would seem retrogressive to market a f:4 lens when
> most Leicaphiles are accustomed to a f:2 or f:2.8 lens as standard for
> those focal lengths.
>
> Marvin

I agree Marvin, I can't see who Leica is trying to please with the Tri-Elmar.
I consider my 2.8/28mm a slow lens...

The M6 .85 (we spoke of M6 Tele) and the Tri-Elmar (or Trimar?) and the M6
Wide were all officially denied by Leica, now only the M6 Wide isn't
available (yet?).
Has anybody heard when the M6 Wide is due and what are it's specifications?
=========
Bert Keuken