Subject: Re: [Leica] OFF TOPIC: Advice on Computer
From: "Ernest Nitka" <eenitka@axess.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 09:41:35 -0500

 Norman   I have the same computer except with 128 meg of ram.  It works
fine with Adobe photoshop.  The newer version of photoshop should have the
upgrade to take advantage of the MMX part of the Pentium II.  Now I will
admit I am not a MAC person and have no idear what the new chip will do.
All I can say is that I am satisfied with the results - you may at some
point decide to get a ram upgrade - if you are editing a 20 meg file the
computer needs to have at least 40 meg - if not then it starts using a
scratch disk which is much slower.  I am an amateur photographer and do not
need or know how to get every last bit of performance out of the computer
but it is plenty fast enough for me.

ernie nitka