Subject: Re: [Leica] Saving Leica (from Solms)
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 01:43:27 -0500

>Something is wrong with the picture when
>both Canon and Nikon are probably selling more cameras in a week than
>Leica does in a year.

The point is that most people simply don't want what Leica has to offer.
When I show people my M6, their first reaction is usually, "Why in the
world would you want a manual focus camera?  You mean you have to do all
the settings yourself?" rather than unbridled admiration and
uncontrollable droolling.  Most people see creative control as a chore
which progress has done away with.  If this were not the case, people
would be toting around the second generation CL instead of buying Canon
ELPHs as fast as they can churn them out.