Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summilux Question
From: "usinet.srlond" <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:24:43 -0500

>Anyone use the 50mm Summilux and love it wide open?

I have a late model Summilux, and I really love it.  It appears very
crisp wide open with minimal flare.  I am a big fan of the shallow DOF
look which has gone by the wayside (did you see that the new Canon ELPH's
zoom tops out at f/9.9?).  It seems to me to be a good compromise between
the compactness of the Summicron and the uncompromising low-light ability
of the Noctilux.