Subject: [Leica] red dot - the point
From: "Steven Blutter" <sblutter@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 08:41:47 -0600

what anyone that ever took a class in 2 dimensional design knows is that
bright or colorful (espescially red) highlights grabs a viewers eye.
(any packaging designers out there?)

if i am trying to communicate with a portrait subject, i'd rather they
didn't get distracted by a red dot - its hard enough to coax someone into
looking directly into the lens.

i don't want my tools' self advertising to get in the way of the job it was
obtained to do.  also, the point of a black camera is discretion.  the red
dot and overly large, bright white lettering work against this.

that is bad design, to work against yourself...

i think the m-6hm is the most perfect camera i've ever seen (can't wait for
mine), but these two features have to go.  I'm going to fill the lettering
with something water based and easily removed (like tempra or something to
knock the bright white down) and experiment with tapes for the dot.

I hope to spend no more than 20 minutes on all this (which is less than i've
already spent reading the thread...)

it will also be my 1st leica black body

i do not feel i will be defacing the thing, just customizing (and maybe a
percent of two hightened security)

- --Steven Blutter--
sblutter@earthlink.net