Subject: [Leica] Gianni Rogliatti's "Leica:The First 70 Years" & "Vanni Calanca and His Leica"
From: LeicaPhoto <LeicaPhoto@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 19:29:17 EST

Two new book offers in limited quantities are available to Leica Gallery:
Rogliatti's "Leica: The First 70 Years" (Sept. 1995) has been out for a while
and supercedes The First 50 and the First 60 Years editions. It has 240 pages,
illustrated in B&W and color and is one of the best guides to Leica history,
the cameras, the lenses, special editions (including wartime), serial numbers,
etc. It is published by Hove and is a favorite of ours. What is unusual is
that we have a total of five (5) books that have been signed by Rogliatti on
an Oskar Barnack bookplate in the book. While there were a number of these
available some time ago, we  have been told that these are the last five from
Rogliatti. The price is $59.95 (the price for the regular editioin no signed).
The other offering is the new book from Italy, "Vanni Calanca and his Leica."
This is hardbound, 12 x10 1/2" in Italian, German and English. It has a
forward by Ralph Hagenauer, the Chief of Communications of Leica AG. The book
has the Leica emblem on the rear dustjacket. The book has 106 pages in color
representing some of Calanca's finest photography (he is one of the best in
Italy) and is all Leica. What makes it unusual is that each picture lists the
M or R body with the lens used. The pictures are wonderful and the technical
camera and lens info is terrific. Also the quality of reproduction and paper
are superb. We are the only distributer of it in the USA and for the moment we
have 12 copies. The price is $59.95. Shipping for either book or both is $10.
anywhere in the contintental US. Also, a free copy of Leica Magic Moments
comes with either or both books. VISA/MC/AMEX Our fax is 212-777-6960 /
tel:212-777-3051 We are here Tues-Fri 11 to 6 and Sat. 12 to 6 EST, Regards,
Rose and Jay Deutsch / Leica Gallery