Subject: RE: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: "John Brubaker" <photoman@novagate.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 21:32:06 -0500

Yes, your dealer sounds like a cool guy!  When you use the G2, try to forget
about your Leica SLR, and just use the Contax for what it is.  DOF is very
shallow at close distance with wider aperatures - it's easy to get into
trouble with DOF because everything is sharp through the viewfinder.  I
realize these things sound obvious, but if you primarily shoot with an SLR,
some things need to be re-learned.  It takes more than a couple of rolls to
get comfortable with the focus system.  If your dealer will let you borrow a
TLA flash, try it also.  The TTL flash exposure system is great.  Sorry for
so much Contax talk on the Leica list - I do have a Leica M camera also -
they all have their place!  - JB.

http://www.5senses.com/