Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 21:15:36 -0700

I'd love to try one. My biggest concern is focusing, and the fact that the
G2 gives no handy means of focus confirmation (unless you consider peering
at the top-mounted LCD "handy"). For instance, there's no distance readout
as there is in the Fuji GA645, and while you've got an "electronic
rangefinder" in the G2, you're relying on the very same circuits which
handle the AF, so what's the point?

Would be curious to know what cost of service, service intervals and
reliability are like, not to mention service turnaround times--Leica USA
just took around 4-1/2 weeks to get my 50 Elmar back to me under the
Passport Warranty, and it doesn't look like they changed any parts, just
unbent the bent metal parts and applied some paint. Nuts, had I known, I
could've saved myself 4-1/2 weeks.

I'm eager to see what the G3 will bring!

Jeff