Subject: [Leica] New or Used
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 07:48:40 -0800

I am enjoying my new M6.85 with the two lens:

SUMMICRON-M   ASPH.    f/2/35     64°    0.7m   255g

ELMARIT-M            f/2.8/90     27°    1.0      410g

So now I want a

SUMMICRON-M            f/2/50     45°    0.7m    240g

So should I buy new or used?

There seems to be lots of used ones available for about half price.
>From what Brian Bower says, in his "Leica M Photography," 1994 was the
last update of this lens with the addition of a built in lens hood.

Oh by the way.  To my unexperienced eye the new camera and two two lens
are both working beautifully.  So far my experience with Leica products
and the service from Eli at Wall Street has been very satisfying.

Thanks for all the help you LUGers have been giving me as I ease myself
back into a hobby I had given up when my Kodak Retinas bit the dust a
few years ago.    Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $