Subject: Re: [Leica] New or Used
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 12:34:31 -0800

RBedw51767 wrote:

> Congratulations on your new .85.   I have one on order and it should be here
> next week.  I would like very much to know why you chose it instead of the
> regular M6.  Was there a dramatic viewfinder difference?  I would appreciate
> your comments.

Don't know about the dramatic part.  Just figured that I could use all
the focusing help(hey my 63 year old eyes have floaters and flashers and
I don't know what is next) I could get and I was not intending to use a
lens wider than the 35mm.  I listened to the LUG chit chat resulting in
me buying the .85.  This is my first experience with LEICA.  I looked
through the viewfinder of the standard M6 in a couple Seattle stores and
did not think I would have any trouble focussing but maybe the .85 is a
little better.  I don't know.

<snip>

> Enjoy your new camera!

Beautiful piece of machinery.  Got to be careful loading that film
though.  One roll was not winding and hence the film was unexposed.
That will not happen again.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $