Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 19:41:00 -0700

I'm one of those people who likes good optics, certainly, but am also
concerned with matters of how well the total package performs.

In the case of the Contax G2, I'm surprised that no one mentioned one
possible problem: You have no means of verifying it's focus--whether
shooting manual- or autofocus, all goes through the same circuitry, and,
short of viewing the top-mounted distance scale, you're kept in the dark as
to what's going on. As the former owner of a Fuji GA645, I really
appreciated having the distance readout in the finder, as means of spotting
any really whacky errors, and the Fuji certainly did whacky things in low
light situations.

I'm not crazy about the viewfinder bulge/smallish, hard-to-locate eyepiece,
lenshood situation, lack of DOF info, but could probably get used to them.

Jeff