Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica / PC / Mac / Honda / BMW
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 11:04:38 -0700

Actually, I sort of like hearing these comparisons: You see, I'm always
looking for ways to do what I do in a better, more enjoyable manner, and
really have no problems in paying less for the best! :-) I'm not totally
sold on the G2, based on some in-store demos, but do feel the system's worth
following, and besides, it keeps Leica from slacking off!

>In a message dated 98-03-08 00:52:02 EST, Andrew Jordan wrote:
><< ---> snip
> ERIC et al.: I find these recurring discussions on the G2 tiresome. I
> remember about 20 years ago a briiliant physicist friend of mine tried to
> convince me about the advantages of the Contax RTS system "blowing away"
> both the Leica M and R. I held onto the M and started acquiring R stuff.
>  >>  ==================================================

Mister Moss, I presume the following was said with tongue planted firmly in
cheek! I feel like groaning whenever I start seeing a long, too-serious
thread which seems to equate possession of certain goods with happiness,
sophistication, superior intelligence or whatever, though I'll make
exceptions in the case of fine baked goods, fresh fruit juices and
chocolates!

That said, anyone want to buy a barely-used Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 149??
(THE classic, fat fountain pen, not the skinny "econo" models) Would be much
pleased to sell, else apply towards a modernish 90 f/2.8-M, RRS M plate,
Gitzo 026, a lens stacking cap (yes!) or some other incredibly useful
M-related item. (best to send inquiries privately to me at
jsegawa@netone.com )

Jeff