Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 Winder NOW!
From: RBedw51767 <RBedw51767@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:30:26 EST

Dear Impatient David in Annapolis:

Just one hour ago I picked up my R8 winder.  It has been on order for about fo
months.  I know that the dealer that I do business with does not have any in
stock and they have several on back order.  To assure my position of getting
the first one I pre-paid for it.  I'm glad that I did as it really balances
the camera.    When I first attached it to the camera I could not get it to
work.  The Leica tech person at Leica headquarters suggested that we clean the
contacts.  After this was done it worked perfectly.

The good news is that they are now being shipped by Leica.  The bad news is
that we all know how Leica ships product.  Best of luck.

Bob