Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #232
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:46:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi Steve,

Personally, I have a problem with Leica's US Passport (which is a
misleading name) Warranty.

#1)  It is only good in the US.  If you have a problem out side of the
US, you are out-of-luck as far as the Passport Warranty is concerned.

#2)  It adds a couple hundred dollars to the price of the camera.

#3)  It does not cover loss or theft, which are your primary risks.

#4)  It needlessly duplicates parts of the insurance coverage which
you already have on your camera equipment...Hopefully.

#5)  It is no longer transferable...which I think was a big mistake on
Leica's part. Because this was a good selling point for used equipment.

I think it would be a wise for Leica to make the Passport warranty an
option.

Kind regards,
Bill Erfurth