Subject: Re: [Leica] Vertical adjustment
From: nfrnkish@dux4.tcd.ie (Neil Frankish)
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:05:13 +0100

My M6, which has performed flawlessly (by the way) is very slightly out of
vertical adjustment. So slight, in fact, that I don't know when or why it
occurred. However, now that I *have* noticed it, it has become magnified in
importance (in my mind, at least). I'd like to adjust it myself so as not
to be without it for any length of time, but also for my own satisfaction.
I understand that the vertical adjustment screw is behind the red dot (now
that might be a reason to complain about the red dot!). I invite comments
as to the best way to remove the red dot without damage to it or the rim of
the depression, and what sort of glue might be used to replace it. In
addition, is there any need to seal the screw with loctite or similar to
aviod further movement?

Thank you in advance,

Neil Frankish