Subject: RE: [Leica] European vacation
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:54:19 -0800

While that may be true in some places, I was surprised at the problems I had
getting film in Munich, by all standards a sophisticated, modern city.
There was only a limited selection of slide film to be had (mostly consumer
versions of Kodachrome and Ektachrome), and very little available in 120.
This was the end of our trip and we had run out of the Ektachrome 100SW and
Provia 100 that we'd been shooting in the Mamiya 7.  I had to settle for
some (almost expired) Ekachrome purchased from what looked like a specialty
camera shop.  I assume I could have found what I wanted if I knew where to
go, but that's no always convenient when travelling.

On the other hand, I took WAY more film to the Middle East this time that I
could shoot.  As a result, I now have around 40 rolls Provia left that have
been through airport scanners 2-3 times that are now marked for local shoots
only.

- --Jim Laurel