Subject: [Leica] Warranty Cards
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 18:29:31 -0500

We have been round this issue before.

In the US and in many other countries, it is a myth that you have to send
in your warranty cards to activate the warranty.  The warranty is
automatically activated upon delivery to the customer.  The manufacterer
can request proof-of-purchase when service is requested, to prove that the
warranty hasn't expired.  Beyond this, there is no need to ever produce
documentation of any sort:  the Uniform Commercial Code is clear on this.

I generally FAX a brief note to Leica when I purchase something, just so I
keep getting LEICA VIEW, but, beyond that, I keep the cards.

Please note the cards generally request a bunch of extraneous information
which the manufacturer uses for market research.  I see no reason why I
should invest my time in answering queries which, in many cases, their own
records could answer.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!