Subject: Re: [Leica] Registration cards
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 21:40:29 -0500

At 06:29 PM 3/16/98 -0600, George Huczek wrote:
>   I missed the inference here regarding collectors.  Why would they cringe
>about sending in a registration card?  Doesn't that make it advantageous
>when making a warranty claim?

A collector wants the ENTIRE piece if he can get it -- he wants the lens or
camera body, sure, but he simply salivates to have the original box, the
original packing material, and the original cards as well.

In the US, the warranty cards don't provide any greater legal protection,
so it is probably wise to save them for the time when you -- or your heirs
- -- sell your Leica gear.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!