Subject: [Leica] non-leica lens rolecall
From: "Bresler" <bresler@oeonline.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:57:38 -0500

Brother & Sister luggers,
I'm interested in hearing about the non-Leica lenses some of us use with
our favorite cameras. What is it, how well does it shoot, any surprises?
In my case it's a Canon Serenar 85mm f1.9 used on an M-4p  I bought it
about 5 years ago for $125 plus another $25 for the screw mount to bayonet
adapter. Eddie Tillis of Woodmere Camera turned me on to this lens.  I'm
very pleased with the images I get with this chrome beast.  It's sharp,
nice contrast...a very pleasant image for portraits.
I used it a couple of days ago to photograph an arraignment of a rape
suspect.  Miserable overhead flourescent lighting, 1/60 second at f2.8 but
the negs scanned beautifully.  Of course the quiet Leica shutter helps when
making photographs in the courtroom.
Bill Bresler