Subject: Re: [Leica] ROMAN HOLIDAY
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 18:42:26 -0500

All,

One piece of advice I might offer to those taking photographic vacations in
Italy.  Italy is an expensive country to visit.  Food and accomodations can
really blow your budget.  Of course for travel, a Eurail pass is best.

But what to do with your film.  Of course you don't want to have prints made
over there.  That would be quite expensive and then you would have all those
prints to carry back. Bringing back the exposed, undeveloped film is
probably going to expose it to needless x-ray energy when going thru
security.  Here's the tip.  Go to just about any one hour photo place and
have them develop just the film.  Tell them "solo svilupare," or "solo
svilupo."  It turns out that film development is one of the few bargains in
italy.  It costs just a couple of dollars to get a roll of 36 exposures
developed and I found the work was always first rate.

This way, if your picture of the old men playing bacci in the park doesn't
come out, you know it and can go back the next day and shoot it again.