Subject: RE: [Leica] A Chatterton Story
From: dci@aa.net (Don Chatterton)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 22:36:48 -0800

Don:

Enjoyed your comments. We told Ernesto that we would give him another
Summar, when we got one, at no cost. We didn't get one  immediately, and
just had purchase one at the LA show for $135,00 and were sending to him
when we heard about his E..mail .

Free junk lens, to someone who is a "super Leica collector", but now
completely ballistic.

Regarding tax.....for 30 years we have had  no retail facility. as we carry
ONLY Leica and a little Haselblad. Can't open a retail store with that.
This mail order business has supported me though 30 years of Multiple
Sclerosis and 17 years of carring for an invalid member of my family at
home. until she died 2 years ago,

My next door neighbor was our Lt. Governor, and he used to help me out on
tough days . Never heard any thing about our tax position all of these
years. In this State, it is not legal to collect tax from out of state
buyers.

I spend 5 hours a days just doing "missionary" work answering question,
making appraisals and answering E..mail and fax's. 99% of tha brings in
absolutely no business, and seldom evnen a thank you.

I do appreciate your not tjoining in on the feeding frenzy, 'cause were
trying to do the best we can with the time we have.

Thanks...Don