Subject: [Leica] Re:replacement hood for Summicron 40
From: cummer@asiaonline.net (Cummer Family)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 19:27:45 +0800 (HKT)

Richard Clompus wrote:
>I just received a great condition used 40/2 Summicron to go with a Leica
>CL.  The original rubber collapsible lens shade is a bit under the weather.
>Its probably 20-25 years old by now.

>Are replacement screw in rubber shades available or even a cap for the
>front of the lens?

Dear Richard, I have had the same problem with the hood on my Summicron 40.
B+W makes a collapsible lens hood 39 E (order # 900) which fits the
Summicron thread and then Leica lens cap 11252 will fit into the hood when
it is collapsed. When the rubber shade is extended it has a more cupped
shape than the original shade amd might cause some vignetting on slides when
the lens is wide open but I have not noticed this problem in my pictures
shooting prints.
Best Regards
Howard Cummer