Subject: [Leica] Leica ... quality service beyond the call....
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 20:53:46 +0200

Hi Luggers

Some of you may remember my bitching and moaning about Leica a couple of
weeks ago after I discovered a flaw in my new Summicron 35 Asph, compounded
by my disappointment at the unavailability to me of M-grips.

Well, now I am happy to report that thanks to excellent service from Leica
and Leica Opvitronics, the South African agents, my faith is restored.

I sent a somewhat unhappy fax to both about my Summicron and this week was
presented with a Summilux Aspherical as a replacement!!!  ... shipped per
courier from Leica. Thankyou Leica and Opvitronics. This was customer
service way beyond the call of duty!!!

I also received assurance that two M grips are being dispatched asap for my
purchase at this end.

My Noctilux is also repaired (loose back section), and perhaps on this
matter I can give a word of warning.... apparently the back section
attachment point has a meeting of Aluminium and Brass. A knock or the
bumping up and down in a camera bag can apparently cause the brass to impact
on the aluminium, causing a slight compression resulting in the looseness I
experienced. So, BEWARE. The Noctilux may be big and all, but it aint that
strong!

I have now been sufficiently bolstered in faith to put in an order for a new
50 mm summicron as well as to start saving for a new 28mm as well as a M6
0.85 for use with my beloved Noctilux.

Thank you Leica

Harold Gess

Visit my web site at:
http://hgphoto.home.ml.org

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:
haroldgess@journalist.com
gess@icon.co.za
Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!