Subject: Re: [Leica] Washington DC
From: TEAShea <TEAShea@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 12:29:14 EST

I got back from Washington DC last night.  Although the main purpose of my
trip was a case I'm working on, I was able to spend some time takings photos.
Spring is moving in and the Cherry trees were starting to bloom.  They should
be in full bloom this weekend.

It was a pleasure to walk around talking photos.  I just used one M6 and two
lenses - 50 2.0 and 90 2.8.  Simplicity can sometimes be a great approach.
While I occasionally missed a shot that I would have taken with a longer
telephoto lens, it forced me to concentrate on the shots of what was
available.

I tried to avoid simply taking full shots of monuments.  There are so many
small opportunities for intersting photos.  (a friendly squirrel, flags at a
protest rally, an park bench, architectural details).

As opposed to using an SLR, the viewfinder does seem to present less of a
barrier between me an the things around me.  I suppose it is more being part
of the scene rather than being simply an observer.  --- more connectedness.

Tom Shea