Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of Winders
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:33:57 -0500

Ken Wicox wrote:

<<<<My wife has an R4 winder onher RE. The only problem we encountered is
that when using short rolls, the winder will "jam" at the end and not work
again after reloading until the battery compartment is partly released and
then replaced.>>>>

Hi Ken,

This short roll thing has always been there and I don't know why it wasn't
fixed years ago. It is the same on R7's with the motor if you shoot 24
exposure rolls and it comes to the end, you have to go through the same
routine as you and your wife.

If I'm caught with a short roll (pain in the ass) :) as soon as I have
re-wound and the roll is out I just pop the battery chamber out and slam it
back in, then go on with loading the new roll which is usually a 36
exposure roll.

ted