Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of Winders
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 18:06:13 -0500

Well Ted, I figured out how to handle the problem as you described below,
but I use a winder infrequently enough (I prefer rangefinders) that when I
borrow her camera and the problem occurs it usually catches me by surprise.

kw

>Ken Wicox wrote:
>
><<<<My wife has an R4 winder onher RE. The only problem we encountered is
>that when using short rolls, the winder will "jam" at the end and not work
>again after reloading until the battery compartment is partly released and
>then replaced.>>>>
>
>Hi Ken,
>
>This short roll thing has always been there and I don't know why it wasn't
>fixed years ago. It is the same on R7's with the motor if you shoot 24
>exposure rolls and it comes to the end, you have to go through the same
>routine as you and your wife.
>
>If I'm caught with a short roll (pain in the ass) :) as soon as I have
>re-wound and the roll is out I just pop the battery chamber out and slam it
>back in, then go on with loading the new roll which is usually a 36
>exposure roll.
>
>ted

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>