Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm viewfinder - crazy !
From: jaleblan@dakotacom.net (Jay LeBlanc)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 20:27:13 -0700 (MST)

>Do not want to fuel masoleicist threads but I got to share my very mixed
>feelings regarding a Leica M accessory I purchased last week-end: the
>21mm auto-proclaimed "brilliant" viewfinder (ref 12008).
  As a newcomer to the list, I'd throw in my .02.  I've used one of these
finders for years, and it has never dissapointed me while looking through
it, but looking at it is another matter.
  Just last week, mine finally broke!  Turns out the shoe is apparently
glued to the body, and there is very little area of attachment.  As it
happened, I was in rather rough country when I noticed the body missing, and
retracing my steps (2 hrs later) I found the viewfinder.  Fortunately there
was not a scratch on it, and the way it parted from the shoe, it appears as
if the origional glue failed!
  3 tiny drops of superglue did the job of re-fixing the joint, and I spent
the rest of my shoot looking down often to see if the darn thing was still
there.  Since I'm stuck with mine, I may just armor the turkey.     -Jay-