Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm viewfinder - crazy !
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:31:55 EST

Tina, before you splurge on a metal finder, wait until the LHSA Charlestone
shooters meeting. I will be bringing my 21/2,8 Asph with "goggles" and I will
be happy to let you try that one out. It eliminates the need for the top
finder altogether!!
 The plastic finder is indeed brighter than the metal one. The foot can break
off, but as you stated, it can be fixed. If you drop a metal finder it is all
over. The glass pops out, the housing dents etc.etc. The plastic finder is
quite durable, it happily bounces along the pavement and tends to survive
better. This does not mean that I like it- only that I have lost less plastic
finders ( a couple) than metal (many!). The goggled 21 project arose from this
economical cost.
 Hope to see you in Charlestone,
 Tom A