Subject: [Leica] Leica Camera/Lenses For Sale
From: Don Bledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:38:55 -0800 (PST)

The following are for sale.  Everything is Leitz/Leica original unless
otherwise identified as aftermarket brand:

Leicaflex SL.  Simply gorgeous!  No marks whatsoever on top or bottom
plates.  Overall rating would make an easy mint- or better.
Functioning 100%.  Some specks visible on ground glass screen, which I
believe are the inevitable black paint flecks that seem to find their
way there after 30 years, something I have seen in every older camera
I have ever held, even those that were still like new in the box. The
Leicaflex SL has the best view-finder screen I have ever used. Body
only $495.

Leica IIIa screw mount camera, sn:166xxx (1935 vintage).  Body is ex
condition cosmetic, no dents or dings but shows some brassing and a
bit of light bubbling of chrome in a few spots.  Leather is cracked in
a few spots but has been reglued so is still intact.  Functioning is
100% and speeds are spot on, rangefinder/view finder is clear and
bright (this IIIa camera was recently overhauled by John Van Stelton
of Focal Point and I have the receipt to prove it).  A great user
Leica screw mount.  $295 body only.

Leica Standard (E) Camera sn:322xxx (1939 vintage) ex+ or better
condition.  Vulcanite/leather all original and intact, no brassing,
some light scuff marks on bottom plate.  Quite remarkable condition
for a camera this age (1939). $650.

35mm f/2 Summicron M.  This is the desirable 3rd version (six element)
made in Canada, near mint  condition but to avoid any misunderstanding
I'll call it mint-.  Lens is black and includes caps and shade. $695.

135 f/2.8 Elmarit-M lens with eyes, sn: 2424xxx.  ex+ w/mint glass,
fabulous image maker, includes caps. $450.

E. Leitz New York 127mm f/4.5 Velostigmat screw mount lens.
mint-/ex+.  As nice an example of this lens as I have yet to see.
Glass is mint, no cleaning marks or haze. $200.

35mm f/3.5 Elmar (screwmount) chrome finish ex++ body, mint- glass
sn:492xxx(same vintage  as above Standard) $250.

50mm f/3.5 Red Scale Elmar screwmount, sn:1202xxx mint-(glass perfect)
$395.

50mm f/1.5 Summarit screwmount ex++. Very light, almost  not
noticeable cleaning marks in front element otherwise it would be an
easy mint-.  Includes caps plus original Leitz Summarit mount
skylight, yellow, & green filters. $350.

Original lens hood (XOONS) for above Summarit $125.
Visoflex I screwmount with 5X vertical magnifier, ex++/mint- truly a
beauty. $125.

Original 50mm f/3.5 Elmar lens hood, chrome. Mint- $75.

DEOOC "Chico" Flashgun w/CVOOK connection cable and DHMOO box for the
outfit ex+ $20.

Leather ever-ready camera cases for Leica II though IIIa in ex+
condition, all stitching intact and leather looks nice but old.  Strap
shows some surface cracking but not bad. Overall it is in quite nice
condition. $25.

All items are plus shipping, usually $1 to $3 in the US (except
cameras and lenses due to higher insurance cost).  Shipping cost
outside the US will be higher.

I am looking for a 35mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R lens (E55 filter size) and,
depending on the condition of your lens, am willing to trade some
combo of the above for one.

For additional information please e-mail to: drbledsoe@yahoo.com