Subject: Re: [Leica] Danny G.
From: John McLeod <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 09:39:46 +0000

Danny -

While I do think this is a good forum for exchaning opinions about our
experiences with various dealers, your beef with Don has reached that point
that is taxing the limits of usefulness of a public forum such as this.  All
of us have problems that reach this point from time to time and it's hard to
know what to do and where to turn.  Personally, I have no problem with your
earlier explanations of your problems with Don.  Maybe you have had
legitimate concerns that were worth hearing.

But just because a bunch of LUGgers are throwing darts at you right now,
resist the urge to get madder.  People sometimes enjoy seeing a piece of
dirty laundry hanging out there, but they don't want too much of it.  So
relax and go with the flow.  You're not going to resolve this one Don here.
He's not going to publicly apologize.  Everyone needs to save face.  In
addition, you have already accomplished one objective.  You have made it
clear to this group that you had an unsatisfactory experience with Don.
Your comments may have already had an impact on his business, or on his
approach to business with other customers.  That should be enough for you
here and now.  To get angrier because Don is not apologizing or because a
few LUGgers don't want to hear more isn't going to help your cause.

Heck, the truth is, since Oddmund departed we don't have anyone to really be
hard on.  Eric Welch took it on the chin a few weeks ago, and you are this
week.  It's probably time to just forget this one and let it go.

John McLeod