Subject: [Leica] Off topic: Shutter problem on Non-Leica SLR
From: Korling <korling@elim.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 00:16:31 +0900

I recently acquired a Canon F1 mechanical SLR which seemed to be in exc
shape. Unfortunately, I didn't check the shutter speeds carefully. After
developing the first roll, I noticed that the shutter did not completely
open when using 1/1000 and 1/2000 shutter speeds. The shutter exposed
half a frame for 1000 and one-quarter frame for 2000. Do you think it
is  a serious problem that may require replacement of the shutter or do
you think it could be solved by a CLA. Any opinions would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Stan Reinike
korling@asiana.co.kr