Subject: Re: [Leica] 60mm Macro-Elmarit-R
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:10:01 +0200

On 05-04-1998 17:27 Bud Cook wrote:
>I've used the 60mm Macro Elmarit since 1977.  I use it as a normal lens and
>also to take closeups of my wife's extensive Hummel collection.  I've never
>had a need for the macro adapter.
>
>It's a terrific *normal* lens although a bit too long at 60mm.  It has the
>same color rendition as my other R lenses.  You could hardly fault it's
>contrast and resolution at normal working distances.
>
>At closer focusing distances, the Macro Elmarit is absolutely stunning.
>I've owned both the f3.5 and f2.8 Micro Nikkors and the Elmarit puts them to
>shame.

I am also using the Macro-Elmarit and it is a superb lens. Very sharp and
even image, both in closeup and general use. You could easily use it as a
top-standard lens if speed is not too important (2.8 max aperture).
But I also own the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8 and this is one of Nikon's
best lenses. I do not think it would be easy to distinguish between both.

Pascal

Who else than LEICA could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !