Subject: [Leica] 50/1.5 Summarit & "Left Coast Fog"
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 21:14:14 EDT

In a message dated 98-04-09 19:12:59 EDT,  Bob wrote:
<<
 I just tested my 40 year old M 50mm 1.5 Summarit and found it better than
 ever. Its color rendition is natural and nothing went wild. In sun or out, it
 performs with the best of Leica lenses.

 Bob

 Bob - All the Hollywood photos that I am placing on my web page "1955-60"
 were taken with that lens, which I still own for sentimental reasons and I
have
 found that it picks up haze from either the fish oil lubricant or as Marc
Small
 says "Left Coast Fog".  It is a very easy lens to clean - I do it about every
ten
 years or so.

 Marvin (left coast) Moss