Subject: Re: [Leica] Subjective lens impression (part 3)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:42:34 +0200

At 04:44 10.04.1998 -0500, Steven Blutter wrote:
>to conclude - would you still get the older chrome rigid 50?
>
>i've been disappointed in my 50 summi collapsable in the 2 - 2.8 range;
>corner out of focus is unacceptable.  i'm going back to the old elmar
>collapsable 50 2.8 which can couple with the sooky-m also

Some days ago I sold several lenses of my gear, but kept the rigid chrome
2/50 Summicron (besides a 2/50 Summar). It's unusual for me, because I'm
basically a "wide angle man" and perceive a 50 mm as a "slight" and a 90
mm as a "strong" tele. I like the lens, and if you remember the discussions
of the "NF Summicron lovers" 6 months ago, you remember also how much this
lens is valued.

The coll Summicron's performance depends on the type of pictures you
take. In low light, it's appr as sharp as the Summitar (but has a more
pleasant out-of-focus rendition), in sun light it's not good at
those f-stops. Unfortunately I've no experiences with any Elmar, but
I remember lot's of LUGs who praised it's performance.

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm
http://members.aol.com/mfformat/c-mf.htm