Subject: [Leica] Jammed M3
From: Claes Bjerner <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 98 17:24:06 +0100

Today one of my single-stroke M3=B4s jammed. I had just taken out the =
exposed roll of film and wanted to give myself a treat by listening =
to that unique Leica sound at different shutter speeds. But after =
having taken about half a dozen blind shots the camera suddenly =
jammed! The shutter release button was stuck and the advance lever =
wouldn=B4t move!

Before shooting without film I did not reset the counter by taking =
out and putting back the take-up spool, but that should not damage =
the camera. I have tested that situation on one of my other M3=B4s =
and then the counter simply stopped counting from the 40th frame =
while I could continue advancing and releasing the shutter.

Any idea or suggestion about how to solve this problem would be =
greatly appreciated. I know my Leica service man down the street can =
fix it for me in an hour or so, but he will - rightfully so - charge =
me for just taking apart the camera. And since I=B4m saving for a =
Noctilux I=B4m a bit stingy at the moment.

TIA,

Claes